Saturday, September 1, 2012

Goosebumps
I Hate My Body EP
BURN BOOKS [2012]

After hearing their debut release, I Hate My Body, Goosebumps's sludge-soaked grind punk will leave you feeling troubled and filthy. With imagery and lyrical content spanning drug abuse, death, transexual prison inmates, and morbidly grotesque mutant orgies, Goosebumps, as individuals and as a group should immediately raise a red flag for most listeners: These dudes are kind of crazy and possibly mildly dangerous. This eight track EP could incite the ghost of G.G. Allin to wreak ungodly havoc on the fantasy landscape of Hieronymus Bosch's The Garden of Earthly Delights while rewiring any listener's brain to believe that immorality and malefactions are the norm. If you like your rock dirty and violent, gets your gloves on this one, but I wouldn't recommend sharing a drinking glass with Goosebumps.  


No comments: