Friday, August 6, 2010

The Vinyl Experience

I was lucky enough to get invited onto Paul Cavalonte's radio show at 101.9 WRXP this past Sunday to rep our shop. Paul was really genuine and his true love for all the things that come with the experience of listening to/playing/talking about records.
I've been a long time fan of another programmer on his station, Matt Pinfield, whose roots go back to my old stomping grounds of New Brunswick, NJ. I've always admired his knowledge and enthusiasm so I when I found out he'd be doing a show on RXP a couple years back, I tuned in regularly on my way to work. Getting a chance to meet Paul Cavalconte, who in an essence is a very similar wealth of record knowledge, was a real treat. Our conversations were healthy ones - from the "riverboat Reprise" labels on Hendrix's "Are You Experienced", to our mutual discontent with sound imperfections on the final tracks on either side of a 33 RPM Lp. I had a great time and look forward to future talks with a guy you should tune into a learn a little something from.

[
The Vinyl Experience 9am-10am 101.9 WRXP]

VE41 (Guest, Jeff Ogiba of Black Gold Records, Brooklyn)
Talking Heads: Once In A Lifetime
Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings: She Ain't A Child No More
Sonic Youth: Bull In the Heather
The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart: Young Adult Friction
Devo: Fresh
Real Estate: Atlantic City
The Byrds: Feel A Whole Lot Better
Wilco: War On War
Dinosaur Jr.: Pieces
Nirvana: On A Plain
Colin Newman: & Jury
Crystal Stilts: The Dazzled
T. Rex: Jeepster

No comments: